Sterling Silver & Wood Jewellery
To keep your beautiful piece of jewellery looking as good as new we have the following advice:
It is important to keep it clean by using a soft, dry, silver polishing cloth after wearing.
- Do NOT use water, washing liquid or any other liquid, which contains alcohol for cleaning your jewellery.
- Do NOT wear your jewellery when you are in the shower/bath, swimming, and when you are sleeping.
- Store your jewellery in a soft velvet bag or jewellery box.
- Avoid long-term exposure to moist air or strong direct light.
Jewellery Incorporating Wood
If you have an item like our bird circle necklace, bird circle earrings, bird boat etc. please read the following advice:
- Simply hold the wood shape between two fingers and turn the item upside down, dipping only the sterling silver in silver dip polish liquid.
- Do NOT put the wood shape into the silver dip liquid.
- To clean the jump ring that attaches the wood item, hold the wood shape, dip part of the jump ring circle into the silver dip and gently rotate the jump ring circle to ensure that the whole circle gets cleaned.
- After you have finished cleaning the silver earrings or necklace run a bit of water and mild soap over the silver (not the wood shape) and then gently dry the jewellery with a soft cloth.
- If water does get on the wood shape simple dry it. A little water should not harm the wood as it is sealed but it will last a lot longer if it is not worn in water or cleaned with water.
MarMoo Professional Cleaning
Alternatively, if you would like MarMoo to clean your jewellery please contact us via email or telephone and we will clean it for you at no extra cost.
We will take the item apart and reseal the wood. If you need any other touch ups done to your piece of jewellery at the same time please request this and we will do it for you free of charge, while we clean the sterling silver.
Please post all jewellery to us via recorded delivery, as MarMoo takes no responsibility for items lost in the post. You will also need to pay £3.50 for the item to be returned to you via recorded delivery.